Press room
Italian version
Contenuto premium
vino

Falanghina del Sannio Taburno V. T. Libero 2017

Campania
white

Description

VINEYARD | We are in Torrecuso, one of the best known municipalities for viticulture in the Sannio area. The grapes for this Falanghina selection are chosen from year to year and harvested in boxes when fully ripe, usually in the first ten days of October. The plants are found at about 300 metres above sea level, on clayey soils with outcropping limestone marl. In the cellar, 20% aged in barrique for 6 months, while the remaining 80% is aged in steel.
PERSON | We can hardly imagine Sannio viticulture without the fundamental contribution of Fontanavecchia, a winery founded in the early 1990s by Orazio Rillo in the homonymous district of Torrecuso and gradually consolidated thanks to his sons Libero and Giuseppe. The key to success was all to be found in the patient enhancement work focused on the main Campania vines, Aglianico, Falanghina, Fiano and Greco in the lead: just think of selections such as Vigna Cataratte, Grave Mora, Facetus and the more recent Libero, which tell extraordinary evolutionary potential.
WINE | The vintage was warm to say the least, but in the glass we have a complete white. The initial suggestions are linked to broom, medlar and toasted almonds. The aromas are intense and ripe, while the mouth is rich, but fresh, full of fruity and finely spiced sensations, thanks to a truly well-chosen quantity of oak, which does not mark, brings back a creamy, pleasant and satisfying consistency. 

Pairing
Potato soufflé/rice with zucchini and shrimp

Rating

Score
93
/100 
rated on 20/06/2022

Details

Wine type
white
Appellation
Falanghina del Sannio Taburno Vendemmia Tardiva
Region
Campania
Alcohol
14,00%
Price
€ 29,00
Production
1333 bottles
Vines
Falanghina 100%
Maturity
6 months in barrique-steel
12 months in glass
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram