Venice, 1911. Angelo Colussi opened his first artisan workshop, a bakery making only bread at first, but soon specializing in baicoli, the city’s traditional biscuit. In the 1930s his children took over the business and started a transition to an industrial scale, opening their first factory with cutting-edge facilities. The memorable Gran Turchese butter biscuit was launched in 1953, consumed at breakfast by generations of Italians. In the 1980s, product diversification arrived, flanking biscuits with new lines dedicated to melba toasts and crackers. The 1990s continued without setback and growth thanks to market launches of pasta, rice and condiments, baked goods and pastries. The development of the Colussi Group followed, to address overseas markets. The group owns factories in Piedmont, Lombardy, Liguria, Tuscany and Umbria, comprising five top Italian brands like Colussi, Misura, Agnesi, Flora, and Sapori Siena 1832.