In a book he published in 1835, the renowned physician Giuli spoke openly of the beneficial effects of this water, whose springs are at Uliveto, a small town where the olive rules. At the turn of the 1900s his studies were observed carefully by other distinguished Italian clinicians whose work also contributed to the development of the spa facilities. In 1910, given the important health benefits afforded by this water, the Società per Azioni Acqua e Terme di Uliveto company built the first bottling plant. The natural mineral water springs are still the same, located near Vicopisano, in the province of Pisa, and the water is immediately bottled by the Uliveto Terme plant. The company is part of the Co.Ge.Di. Uliveto-Rocchetta group.