Latte Alberti was founded in the Imperia city center in 1948. The plant moved to the nearby town of Pontedassio in 1972, just as the milk collection center was being built in Genola (CN). In 1983 the Genola plant joined the Consorzio di Tutela del Grana Padano - thus Caseificio Alberti was born. A long family history has never stopped expanding and improving production of Grana Padano DOP. Alberti churns out over 24,000 wheels annually, each aged for an average of 13-14 months, using only milk sourced from Piedmont.