What are Cookies?
Cookies are packets of information (small text strings) sent by a web server (e.g. the Site) to the user's Internet browser, automatically memorized by the latter on the computer and automatically sent back to the server at each subsequent access to the Site. Cookies allow the Site to recognize the user's device allowing to navigate between pages, remembering the preferences expressed and improving the users’ experience. They can also ensure that the advertisements displayed online are more appropriate and relevant to users' interests and consumption habits.
By default, almost all web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies.
Typically, cookies can be installed:
- directly from the owner and/or manager of the Site (so-called first-party cookies);
- by managers unrelated to the Site visited by the user (so-called third-party cookies). Unless otherwise specified, please note that these cookies fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the same manager. Further information on privacy and their use can be found directly on the websites of the respective operators.
This Site can use, also in combination with each other, the following types of cookies classified according to the indications of the Privacy Authority and the Opinions issued in the European context by the Working Group pursuant to art. 29 of the GDPR, and in compliance with the Guidelines published by the Privacy Authority on 10 June 2021:
- Session cookies, are technical cookies that are not stored permanently on the user's computer and are deleted when the browser is closed, they are strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers necessary to allow safe and efficient exploration of the Site, avoiding the use of other IT techniques potentially prejudicial to the privacy of users' browsing.
- Persistent cookies, are technical cookies that remain stored on the computer's hard drive until they expire or are canceled by users/visitors. Through persistent cookies, visitors who access the Site (or any other users who use the same computer) are automatically recognized at each visit. Visitors can set their computer browser to accept/reject all cookies or display a warning whenever a cookie is offered, in order to evaluate whether to accept it or not. However, the user can change the default configuration and disable cookies (i.e. block them permanently), setting the highest level of protection.
- Technical Cookies, are cookies used to authenticate, to take advantage of multimedia content such as flash player or to allow the choice of navigation language. In general, therefore, it is not necessary to acquire the prior and informed consent of the user. This category also includes cookies used to statistically analyze accesses/visits to the Site only if used exclusively for statistical purposes and through the collection of information in aggregate form.
- Non-technical cookies, are all cookies used mainly for purposes of statistical analysis, marketing and profiling. Their use on users' terminals is prohibited if they have not been adequately informed first and, when requested, have not given valid consent in this regard according to the opt-in technique. These types of cookies can, in turn, be grouped according to the functions they perform in:
- Analytics, are cookies used to collect and analyze statistical information on accesses/visits to the Site. They can operate on anonymous aggregate/statistical data, or in most cases, with prior consent, associated with other information such as the credentials entered for access to restricted areas (user’s e-mail address and password), can be used to profile the user (personal habits, sites visited, content downloaded, types of interactions made, etc.).
- Widgets, fall into this category all those graphic components of a user interface of a program, which has the purpose of facilitating the user in interacting with the program itself. By way of example, widgets are cookies from facebook, google+, twitter.
- Advertising, this category includes cookies used to advertise within a Site. e.g. Google Ads, Tradedoubler fall into this category.
- Web beacons, this category includes code fragments that allow a website to transfer and/or collect information by requesting a graphic image. Websites can use them for various purposes, such as analyzing the use of websites, monitoring and reporting on advertising and personalizing advertising and content.
- Profiling cookies, are used to bring back specific, identified or identifiable subjects to specific recurring actions or behavioral patterns in the use of the features offered (patterns) for the purpose of grouping the different profiles within homogeneous clusters of different sizes, so that it is possible also modulate the provision of the service in an increasingly personalized way, as well as send targeted advertising messages, i.e. in line with the preferences expressed by the user in the context of surfing the net. The installation of profiling Cookies and the resulting processing of the user's personal data are optional, therefore the user's consent is required for the installation of this type of Cookie. Profiling cookies can also be used to obtain geolocation data with reference to the geographical position of a user, or to allow an active scan of the characteristics of the device for the purpose of identifying it through the recognition of the specific characteristics and setting also aimed at guaranteeing security, fraud prevention and any debugging.
Technical cookies for which consent is not required
Gambero Rosso will install on your device and, in particular, on your browser or let third parties install some cookies that are necessary to acquire or have our partners acquire statistical information in a totally anonymous and aggregated form, and therefore not attributable to any specific natural person , related to the user's navigation on the pages of the Site, in order to improve usability and functionality.
Cookies for which consent is required
Given that the Data Controller has identified the company Audioboost Srl as the entrepreneurial entity to which to entrust the advertising collection activity in Programmatic mode, if you give the relative consent through one of the simplified methods described in the information presented at the time of your first access to the Gambero Rosso Site: "I accept" or "Manage Options", or by clicking on "More information" (function that allows you to access the management of individual cookies by Audioboost Srl and the illustration, among others, of the purposes of data collection, of the methods of treatment, of their retention times), may install and/or let the third-party companies indicated below install additional cookies, e.g. profiling cookies, for which you can choose to modify or revoke all or part of the consent given by acting on the “change cookie settings” button in the footer of the site.
First-party profiling cookies
Third-party profiling cookies
How to disable cookies by configuring your browser
If you wish, you can also manage cookies directly through your browser settings. For more information and support, you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using, such as:
The Data Controller and the Joint Controllers are not responsible for updating all the links that can be viewed in this Extended Cookie Information, therefore whenever a link is not functional and/or updated, users acknowledge and accept that they must always refer to the document and/or section of the Sites referred to by this link.
Rights of the data subject
The data subject – i.e. the user of the Site:
- has the right to obtain access, updating, rectification or, when interested, integration of data;
- has the right to obtain the cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently processed;
- has the right to obtain the attestation that they have been brought to the attention, also as regards their content, of those to whom the data have been communicated or disseminated, except in the case in which this fulfillment proves impossible or involves the use of means manifestly disproportionate to the protected right.
- has the right to obtain the right to withdraw the consent at any time, if the treatment is based on consent;
- has the right to obtain (where applicable) the right to data portability (right to receive all personal data in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device), the right to limit the processing of personal data and the right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”);
- has the right to:
- object in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning the user, even if pertinent to the purpose of the collection;
- object, in whole or in part, to the processing of personal data concerning the user for the purpose of sending advertising material or direct sales or for carrying out market research or commercial communication;
- lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority (in the Member State in which the user usually resides, in the one in which works or in the one in which the alleged violation has occurred). The Italian Supervisory Authority is the Garante per la protezione dei dati personali, with headquarters in Piazza di Monte Citorio n. 121, 00186 – Rome (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/).
To exercise their rights, the data subjects can contact the DPO/Data Protection Officer, who can be reached at the following email address: [email protected].